- Başak Hayat Sigorta A.Ş. was co-founded by Ziraat Bank and Başak Sigorta on December 17, 1997.
- Following the amendments made to the Private Pension Savings and Investment System Law, the company obtained an operating license and began to operate as a private pension insurance company. It was also renamed Başak Emeklilik A.Ş.
- In 2006, 41 percent of the shares controlled by Ziraat Bank in Başak Emeklilik A.Ş. were acquired by Groupama, Europe's leading insurance company.
- Following its privatization in 2008, Başak Groupama Emeklilik merged with the then-newly-acquired Güven Hayat.
- The company was renamed to Groupama Emeklilik on September 30, 2009.